Book-keeping - Level 1 (Award)
To enable the learner to gain knowledge of how to perform key, single-entry book-keeping activities such as updating a day book.
30 guided learning hours.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable if you:
- Want a solid introduction to book-keeping or a refresher
- Are working in finance and want an industry-recognised qualification
- May like to run book-keeping services for local businesses
- Run your own business and want to do your own book-keeping
Will I gain any qualifications?
Yes, City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Book-keeping and Accounts.
Do I need any prior knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Yes, Level 2 qualifications in maths and English. Confident at using a computer at least at Level 1.
- Know how to complete financial documents such as invoices, statements, credit notes, cheques and cash requisition vouchers
- Record cash and credit transactions in books of original entry
- Prepare bank reconciliation
- Understand the petty cash imprest system
- Extract a trial balance from ledger accounts
What could this course lead to?
Working in a finance department or further studies.
How will I learn?
In a classroom environment using course material. There will be group discussions, tutor-led demonstrations, tutorials, small groups, individual and peer teaching. Learners will record their own progress and have their work checked regularly throughout the course. Regular attendance is essential.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
You will need to provide a notebook, pen and calculator.
What we require of you as a learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You need to attend and sit all exams
Judy Ward | Teaching & Learning Manager
T: 0121 464 7411