Book-keeping - Level 1 Award
To enable the learner to gain knowledge of how to perform key, single-entry book-keeping activities such as updating a day book.
60 Guided Learning Hours
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable if you
- Want a solid introduction to book-keeping or a refresher.
- Are working in finance and want an industry-recognised qualification.
- May like to run book-keeping services for local businesses.
- Run their own business and want to do their own book-keeping.
Will I gain any qualifications?
Yes, City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Book-keeping and Accounts
Do I need any prior knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Yes, Level 2 qualifications in maths and English. Confident at using a computer at least at Level 1
- Confidence with numbers as you will be working with figures.
- Attention to detail as you will be required to check information that you input.
- Problem solving as you will be solving financial problems.
- Know how to complete financial documents such as invoices,statements, credit notes, cheques and cash requisition vouchers
- Record cash and credit transactions in books of original entry
- Prepare bank reconciliation
- Understand the petty cash imprest system
- Extract a trial balance from ledger accounts
What could this course lead to?
working in a finance department.
How will I learn?
In a classroom environment using course material. There will be group discussions, tutor-led demonstrations, tutorials, small groups, individual and peer teaching. Learners will record their own progress and have their work checked regularly throughout the course. Regular attendance is essential as is sitting an exam at the end of the course.
Your commitments as a learner
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You need to attend and sit an exams
- You will need to provide a notebook, pen, calculator, ruler and a memory stick