Award in Education and Training - Level 3 Award
To prepare individuals to tutor/train adults in a range of Adult Learning contexts.
In 2018 - 2019, the average salary was £21,704.
Length of course
50 Guided Learning Hours including a three hour information session plus work on preparing a report outside the sessions.
By the end of the course, learners will:
- understand the tutor’s role, responsibilities and boundaries in relation to teaching
- understand and apply appropriate teaching and learning approaches in their specialist area
- demonstrate session planning skills
- understand and apply delivery of inclusive sessions which motivate learners
- understand and apply different assessment methods and understand the need for record keeping.
Who is the course for?
The course is for anyone who is interested in:
- learning how to teach/train adults (Post 16)
- gaining an introductory qualification in teaching adults
- being more confident in delivering training as part of their job role
- gaining new skills to enhance their career progression.
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
- Previous experience in working with adults as learners are helpful but not essential.
- English and maths at Level 2 (GCSE grade 4 or above or a National Test) are expected.
- A qualification in the subject you intend to teach would be an advantage.
Will I gain any qualifications?
Yes, the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS).
What could this course lead to?
A career as a tutor or trainer, and progression leading to the Certificate in Education and Training (CET) and the Diploma in Education and Training (DET).
How will I learn?
You will learn through tutor input, group discussion and practical activities. You will do a minimum of one hour teaching and be assessed for part of this. You will also write a report on relevant topics. There will be independent research and online study, some of which will need to be undertaken in the period between the pre-course information session and the first day of the course.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
Paper, pens, access to a personal computer, a folder for your work and a willingness to join in.
How to apply
Download a Course Application Form