Working with Children and Adults - Level 1
This qualification has been designed to help develop your knowledge of working with children, adults and young people in the care sector. You will also have the opportunity to further develop your English and maths skills.
- You will understand the principles of care and the role of the care worker.
- You will learn about the physical and psychological needs of children.
- You will understand how play and craft activities can be used to support a child’s development.
- You will be supported in the further development of your English skills.
- You will be supported in the further development of your maths skills.
25 weeks, 5 hours per week = 125 hours
Who is the course for?
Learners must be at least 16 years old. This qualification is for those working or looking to work in the care sector.
Will I gain any qualifications?
AptEd Level 1 Certificate in progression (QCF) (Including units on child development and health and social care.)
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
You must have English at level 1 or above and maths at Entry 3 or above.
What could this course lead to?
You could progress to:
- Early Years and Education Level 2
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2
- Preparing to work in Adult Social Care Level 2
How will I learn?
Your qualification will be assessed by your tutor using a range of methods. You will complete a portfolio of evidence throughout the course.
You will have weekly teaching sessions for 5 hours.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
You will need proof of ID. Writing equipment and a USB Memory stick.
Your commitments as a learner
To achieve success on the course you will need to:
- Attend regularly. If you need to miss a class, please let us know in advance, if possible.
- Have sufficient time for self-study and completion of homework.
- Complete the course.
- Complete all the assessments.