Customer Service - Level 2 Certificate
To develop skills and knowledge, directly relevant to delivering excellent Customer Service. The course will prepare you for employment or a level three course in this area.
120 Guided Learning Hours. Courses are usually 1 x 3.5hrs per week.
Who Is This Course For?
Adults (19+) who would like to develop their Customer Service skills for everyday life and work and achieve a Level 2 qualification.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes, Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service. There are a range of learning activities to ensure you have the skills and knowledge for each assessment. There is a written assessment for each unit, therefore good ICT skills are essential. The course embeds the development of study, English, maths and job skills to help prepare you for study at higher levels and improve your work prospects.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Your English, maths and IT skills will be assessed before you join the course to make sure that the course is the right level for you. Your English skills need to be at a Level 2, as there are a number of significant assignments that need to show your understanding and application of key customer service knowledge.
By the end of the course you will complete the following mandatory units:
- Customer Service Principles
- Understanding Customer Service Delivery
- Communicating with Customer
Six optional credits must also be completed to achieve the qualification, your tutor will advise you of these units.
What Could This Course Lead To?
This course could lead to employment or progression to a higher level e.g. Level three course. This course could also allow transition to a Business Administration Level 2 Qualification.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
- Using ICT to complete your assignments.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
- The most important resource you will have is your willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk