Ballroom & Latin American Dancing - Intermediate
To enable learners to further explore the steps, rhythm and music associated with Ballroom and Latin American dancing.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Perform warm up steps and movements.
- Perform a range of movements using isolated and whole body parts.
- Perform sequences of movement, individually, with a partner and in a group with increased confidence.
- Perform pair work as the lead partner and or follower with increased confidence.
- Perform sequences with changes in pace, direction and rhythm.
- Develop awareness of changes in pace, direction and rhythm related to music.
- Develop and maintain strength, stamina and coordination through a series of dance moves.
- Perform a variety of dance routines with increased style and performance skills.
- Develop an awareness of the cultural and historical background of Ballroom and Latin American dance.
- Know about the skills and qualifications required for employment in the entertainment industry.
- Understand health and safety considerations related to dance.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for those with some experience and knowledge of Ballroom and Latin American dance.
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
At the start of this course, your tutor will carry out an initial assessment to check that the level is suitable for you.
Will I gain any qualifications?
Dance awards through ITDA or other Dance Associations (optional). Please discuss with your tutor.
How will I learn?
- Tutor demonstration and instruction.
- Independent practice through repetition.
- Practice and perform as a group though pair or group work.
- Individual support and feedback from your tutor to improve posture, dance technique and performance skills.
- Individual and group evaluation.
- Keep photographic or recorded evidence of achievement.
What could this course lead to?
Advanced level in this or other dance disciplines.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
Free Flowing comfortable clothing e.g. long skirt or trousers with top and hip belt (optional).
Appropriate shoes or soft dance shoes. This will be discussed at induction. There may be a small cost involved in providing materials for this course.