Interior Design - NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Craft
This course aims to enable learners to develop basic skills in interior design techniques and provide underpinning knowledge of 3 dimensional design concepts to produce a finished design scheme
- Gain basic knowledge of primary and secondary colours and how to combine them for effect
- Investigated a range of materials, textures and creative techniques
- Produced a range of design proposals with rationale for selection
- Produced finished designs based on planning and research to set assignments
- Developed an emerging level of competence in the use of media, equipment and techniques
- Use and store tools, materials and equipment in line with safety regulations
- Be aware of employment opportunities in the interior design industry
- Produce a portfolio of evidence showing skills development, research and finished work
Who is the course for?
The course is for those who wish to develop a basic level of skill and knowledge in interior design and/or who wish to progress to study at Intermediate or Level 2.
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Level 1 in literacy and numeracy (free help is available with BAES if required). At the start of this course, your tutor will carry out an initial assessment to check that the level is suitable for you.
Will I gain any qualifications?
NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Creative Craft - Interior Design.
How will I learn?
- Through tutor presentation
- Through practical tasks and experimentation
- Through individual research and evaluation
- By producing working designs
- By developing a folder of work
What could this course lead to?
This course provides a good base for learners to progress to level 2 study in Interior Design.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
A ring binder with section dividers. Tutor will advise further at enrolment. There will be a cost involved in providing materials for this course.