Interior Design - Level 2 Certificate in Creative Craft
This course aims to enable learners to extend skills and techniques gained at level 1 and to increase knowledge of design principles.
By the end of this course learners will have:
- Extended basic knowledge of primary, secondary colours and tertiary how to combine them for effect
- Use equipment and processes to develop a range and complexity of techniques and creativity
- Investigate the work of other designers
- Produced a range of design proposals
- Produced finished designs based on planning and research to set assignments
- Developed an emerging level of competence in the use of media, equipment and techniques
- Use appropriate technical language in planning, evaluation and record keeping
- Use and store tools, materials and equipment in line with safety regulations
- Know about the different employment opportunities in the interior design industry
- Know about the qualifications and enterprise skills required for employment in the interior design industry
- Produce a portfolio of evidence showing skills development, samples and designs
Who is the course for?
The course is for those who wish to develop a levels of skill and knowledge in interior design and/or who wish to progress to study at advanced level or level 3.
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Level 1 in literacy and numeracy (free help is available with BAES if required). At the start of this course, your tutor will carry out an initial assessment to check that the level is suitable for you.
Will I gain any qualifications?
Yes. NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Creative Craft.
How will I learn?
- Through tutor presentation and demonstration
- Through practical tasks and experimentation
- Through individual research and evaluation
- By producing working designs
- By producing a portfolio of work
What could this course lead to?
Advanced level study, or NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Creative Craft - Interior Design.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
Tutor will advise at enrolment. There will be a cost involved in providing materials for this course.