Floristry – Contemporary Celebration Designs – Intermediate
This course will enable you to create floral designs of a good standard and involving some complexity for celebrations of your choice.
Will I gain a qualification on this course?
No - this is a non-accredited course.
Courses last for 7 or 8 weeks, and sessions usually last for 2 – 3 hours.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to extend their floristry techniques.
You will need to have some experience of Floristry at beginners level before joining this course. The course involves note taking, measuring and calculating, so you will need to have basic levels of English and maths. You will have a short initial assessment at the start of the course to ensure that it is suitable for you.
What will I learn?
- How to use materials, tools and equipment for a range of techniques
- How to make items such as door wreaths, floral bags and bridesmaids’ wands
- How to use primary, secondary and tertiary colours effectively
- To produce samples of techniques with instructions in your portfolio
- An awareness of employment opportunities in the floristry industry
- How to use and store plant material, tools and equipment in line with health and safety regulations
How will I learn?
- Through tutor demonstration and instruction
- By exploring equipment, tools and techniques
- Producing a range of experimental and finished items
- By producing a small portfolio containing samples, information on techniques you have learned, and photographs of arrangements that you have made
What could this course lead to?
It could lead to further courses in floristry techniques at Intermediate or Advanced Level, or to qualifications at Level 1 or 2.
Your commitment as a learner
To achieve success on the course you will need to attend regularly, and on time. If you need to miss a class, please let us know in advance.
You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study, complete any homework set and bring the correct materials to each session. You will be expected to complete all assessments and complete the full course.
- In addition to the course fees, flowers and foliage will cost between £3 and £10 per session, depending on the quantity and quality you purchase.
- You will need a pair of floristry scissors (cost approx. £7 from Amazon) and a floristry knife (cost approx. £7.50 from Amazon) within 2 weeks of the course starting.
- For the first session will need to bring a pen, writing pad and folder