How To Build A Computer
To discover what is inside a computer, how it works and how to build it from scratch. Troubleshoot and solve common computer hardware problems.
20 Guided Learning Hours.
Who is this course for?
This course is for complete beginners - no previous experience or knowledge is necessary. You should be able to follow spoken and written instructions. You will also be expected to take part in the practical elements of this course.
Will I gain any qualifications?
No. This is a course to develop your skills further. There is no qualification awarded, but you will receive a certificate from Birmingham Adult Education Service.
Do I need any prior knowledge, skills or qualifications?
This course is for complete beginners - no previous experience or knowledge is necessary.
- Installing and configuring part of a computer
- Computer jargon and terminology
- The parts of the computer and their function
- Health and safety when working with computers
- Troubleshooting common computer problems
- Computer maintenance and optimisation
What could this course lead to?
This course is part of our digital pathway and could support your future employment in technical fields or programming or our other accredited courses.
How will I learn?
- Learners will work mainly in groups
- Presentations will be made using computers, interactive whiteboard and printed notes
- Step by step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts
- You may also be asked to do homework to expand your skills.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
You will need a pen, notepad, and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises in.
What we require of you as a learner?
- To achieve success on the course you will need to attend regularly. If you need to miss a class, please let us know in advance.
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
- Learn To Code
- How To Setup A Digital Media Campaign
- Or any other level 1 IT Qualifications
Sameena Asmat | Curriculum Leader
T: 0121 675 8053