How To Setup A Digital Media Campaign
To develop practical digital marketing skills using various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
20 Guided Learning Hours.
Who is this course for?
- This course has been specifically designed for individuals who have an interest in understanding more about social media to further develop professional skills.
- This course might be suitable for individuals looking to start their own business, but is primarily designed for people looking to start or further a career within marketing or communications. This will them get a better understanding of digital marketing aspects in order to facilitate this.
Will I gain any qualifications?
No. This is a course to develop your skills further. There is no qualification awarded, but you will receive a certificate from Birmingham Adult Education Service.
Do I need any prior knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Participants do not require any previous experience in using social media in a business capacity, but a personal familiarity with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram would be desirable. This is a course built around social media and includes introduction to the basics of social media. You will need to setup Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts if you do not already have them.
- Introduction to social media, the history of the industry, fundamental differences between platforms and how to set up successful presences on them
- Content theory and strategy development, what makes great content, how to develop high quality visuals, and integrating it into a campaign plan
- Paid advertising: understanding audience targeting tools, campaign structure and implementation
- Insights & analytics: what different statistics mean, the impact on strategy and how best to report it. Review of final material and campaign strategy exercise
What could this course lead to?
This course is part of our digital pathway and could support your future employment or to take other accredited courses.
How will I learn?
- Learners will work mainly in groups
- Presentations will be made using computers, interactive whiteboard and printed notes
- Step by step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts
- You may also be asked to do homework to expand your skills
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
Bring paper, pen and ring binder and, if possible, bring along your own device (smartphone or tablet) to access online resources and apps to support your learning in class.
What we require of you as a learner?
- To achieve success on the course you will need to attend regularly. If you need to miss a class, please let us know in advance
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
- Learn To Code
- How To Build A Computer
- Or any other level 1 IT Qualifications
Sameena Asmat | Curriculum Leader
T: 0121 675 8053