History: Local history of the Erdington area
To learn about the local social history of the Erdington area of Birmingham.
5 weeks (10 hours)
Who is this course for?
Anybody who has an interest in local history
- A look back at the old ward of Erdington
- The important buildings of the local area
- Industry and leisure in and around Erdington
- Highcroft Hospital
- Erdington in the 20th Century
Will I gain any qualifications?
This course has no formal qualification; however, your work in class will be assessed by your tutor in order to enhance your learning. You will be expected to take these assessments.
What could this course lead to?
Further history courses will be organised throughout the year.
How will I learn?
There will be tutor input, group pair and individual work, and use of a range of audiovisual and IT resources. We aim to match the teaching to a wide range of individual learning styles and to make your learning enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. You will be given homework to complete after each session.
Your commitments as a learner
- Attend every session of your course. If you need to miss a class, please let your tutor know in advance; Learners should consider their personal commitments and circumstances that may prevent attendance before enrolling on a course as missed classes will affect their learning. Missed classes cannot be taken at another time
- Complete the course
What do I need to bring with me?
You will need to bring a pen, paper, ring-binder.