By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to http://www.learnbaes.ac.uk/
What has Functional Skills English got to do with raising money?
This week, we got together and had a chat about some different charities that we could support. When we heard Sarah's and Nicki's story we all felt united in our effort to help.
Supporting the Lily Mae Foundation
Sarah and Nicki are our patrons of our chosen charity, the Lily Mae Foundation. Unfortunately, Nicki was able to give us her personal account of what happened to her and how the charity helped her personally; her little girl, Scarlett Olivia, lost her life to the still unexplained Neonatal Death. We were truly honoured that she felt she could share her personal story with us. Nicki truly moved our class with her presentation about the Hope Chest and reasons why we should choose the Lily Mae Foundation!
The Lily Mae Foundation supports parents and families who have tragically lost a baby to Stillbirth or to Neonatal Death. Some of the things that they raise money for are:
- Memory Boxes given to Bereaved Parents and Memory Making Kits to Grandparents.
- Counselling Support for Parents, Siblings and Family Members.
- Information to Parents, Families and to Health Care and Medical Professionals.
- Training and Support for Midwives, Student Midwives and Neonatal Nurses.
- Research into the Prevention of Stillbirth and Neonatal Death.
So what happens next?
We are going to have a fundraising event on Wednesday 29 November between 13:00 – 14:30, at the Erdington Adult Education Centre. Make sure you follow us next week when we'll tell you about the next step on our journey in raising money for the Lily Mae Foundation!