Boost your spelling
Is your spelling holding you back? Explore some of the common issues which make spelling difficult and learn some strategies to help you improve.
During the course you will:
- Learn how to use and access a personal dictionary
- Improve and increase your vocabulary
- Identify and use different spelling strategies
- Develop words from their roots using prefixes and suffixes
- Explore confusing words and spelling patterns
- Distinguish between different homophone words
- Proofread a piece of text using the above skills for error checking.
What could this course lead to?
If you need further help you might consider joining a Functional English course. They are available at Entry Level 1, Entry Level 2, Entry Level 3, Level 1 and Level 2. You will need to take an Initial Assessment to determine which level would be most appropriate.
A PC/laptop/tablet and basic IT skills to be able to navigate the internet and download and use apps.
You must be able to read and follow instructions independently. If this is difficult for you, we aim to be running our full range of English courses suitable for all abilities in September.