Supplier Skills Programme
As we embark on the road to recovery from COVID-19 does your business need staff training and upskilling?
The Supplier Skills Programme can help
Grants are available of £500 - £18,000 for Small to Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) to upskill new and existing employees.
The £12m Supplier Skills Programme is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and managed by Birmingham City Council and offers SMEs the opportunity to access grant funding to develop and upskill their workforce.
This programme is available to SMEs which are:
- based within, or locating to, the More Developed areas of The Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP), namely Birmingham, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Solihull or Wyre Forest
- operating within the priority growth sectors within the GBSLEP More Developed areas as outlined in the eligibility criteria
- able to match fund the training costs (50% of training costs will be match funded by the SME and the remaining 50% by ESF)
Note: Match funding cannot be sourced from public funds.
All training must be accredited by the Ofqual Framework or recognised by industry and professional accrediting bodies. The grant will enable employees to achieve any of the following:
- Full qualifications level 1-7, or equivalent
- Units or a unit of qualification at basic level
Ready to apply for a grant?
Supplier Skills Programme is part funded by European Social Fund (ESF)