Access Award in Accounting Software (AAT) - Level 1
To develop practical basic computerised accounts skills by performing routine accounting tasks using industry standard software (Sage) and obtain a qualification.
45 guided learning hours, at 2 – 3 hours per week.
Who Is This Course For?
Anyone interested in working in a finance-related job and who already has a basic level of IT skill. The course is not suitable for complete IT beginners.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes, Access Award in Accounting Software (AAT) - Level 1 Award.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
No previous qualification of Sage is needed, but you will need to be able to use a computer unaided and have at least English and maths at Level 1.
- Computerised Accounts using Sage
- Post Customer, Supplier and Nominal Ledger transactions e.g. invoices, credit notes and payments
- Calculate and reconcile batch totals as required
- Produce a trial balance
- Produce Customer, Supplier and nominal Ledger reports
What Could This Course Lead To?
The skills developed will give a solid base from which to seek employment with greater confidence or progress to the next level of learning. The skills developed could lead to employment in junior or supporting administrative roles. For example, trainee bookkeeper, data entry clerk, accounts administrator. Or it may support you progressing to other qualifications in the AAT suite.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 (Excel) which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
- Sage, an online version of which can be purchased after the course has started
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You will be expected to attend the full course and sit an exam
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk