Access to Fine Art – The Masters
A whistle stop tour collection of courses focusing on Art and its key defining movements. A good introduction to Art movements throughout history, essential to those interested in understanding key concepts of design and style, helpful also to practitioners who wish to inform their own work.
What to expect from the course
- The introductory course will look at a variety of popular movements and encompasses a broad range of art and artists to explore the subject of ‘appreciation’ within Art.
- The Art Masters module is a beginners course and covers artists from the approximate period 1300 to 1800 and includes artists from the Early Renaissance through to the Romantic movement.
- The term ‘Old Masters’ was used widely from the 18th century can be placed in the context of the rise of the European art academies and galleries at this period, producing work in oil paintings, frescos, drawings and prints. The course focuses on predominant artists from Europe where the movements originated.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector across the creative industries.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry exploring design concepts and build wider knowledge within the Arts.
- Further modules focusing on Art history and culture follow-on to run throughout the year
Interest in the Creative Arts and Design. No formal entry requirements
Further education courses in Art and Design.
Initial course resources / additional cost
Tools and equipment are available for your use at the Centre. However, you may need to purchase some tools and materials for your project, this will be discussed with your Tutor if required.