Printmaking - Introduction
Aimed at complete beginners, this course focuses on beginners elements of printmaking. The 4 week Introduction course is followed by a 6 week subject specific module. The course is a great introduction to art and design practice. Learn the print basics and progress on to explore pattern and print
What to expect from the course
- Learn the basic stages from basic mark making, cutting and printing a unique design.
- Learn how to use the tools and equipment, apply basic principles, processes and methods to create sample pieces with conventional and experimental techniques.
The short course follow-on modules will allow you to experiment and build on practical elements to develop your skill, technique and design ideas. We will encourage experimental use of tools, building on the key concepts to broaden creative potential.
Why study with BAES Arts?
- Develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector across the creative industries.
- Develop practical Art skills, experiment with methods, techniques and processes.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry, exploring design concepts and build wider knowledge within the Arts.
Enthusiasm and an interest in the Creative Art. There are no formal entry requirements
Further education courses in Art and Design
Initial course resources / additional cost
Tools and equipment are available for your use at the Centres. However, you will need to purchase some tools and materials for your project. The additional course costs will vary £20 - 45 depending on the size of the project you are making, this will be discussed with you at enrolment.