Duration: 10-week programme delivered over 2 hours a week for women only.
Content: This course is designed specifically for women who are experiencing or may have experienced domestic abuse.
- explore the concept of a healthy relationship
- gain an awareness of how to keep themselves and/or their children safe in a relationship
- identify the different forms of domestic violence
- investigate strategies to raise self-esteem and confidence
Becoming a Parent Ambassador
Duration: 10-week programme delivered over 3 hours a week. It is an adult only course.
Content: The aim of this level 2 qualification is to help schools increase parental engagement.
- explore barriers to learning for children and adults
- identify policies and procedures relevant to the school
- ascertain how to communicate effectively with parents and school staff
- identify the values of the school and the importance of promoting British values
Duration: 6 week course delivered over 2 hours a week.
Content: This course introduces learners to the power of self-reflection and how to develop a more positive outlook on life.
- explore situations that occur in life that impact on maintaining a positive attitude to life
- identify the benefits of self-reflection and journaling
- establish self-care strategies to in everyday life that empower us
Community Learning Champions
Duration: 6 week course.
Content: This course enables learners to apply knowledge gained from previous community learning courses they have attended, to develop leadership and empowerment skills and build partnerships between BAES and the wider community.
Learners will be taught how to
- identify future opportunities for volunteering with small business
- develop organisation skills, self-presentation skills and time management
Learners will need access to a tablet/laptop/smartphone or PC. They will also need an email address and access to the internet.
What could these courses lead to?
On completion of these courses all learners will receive a certificate of achievement. At the end of the course, we will provide information about other learning opportunities and courses for adults to join in the local area.