Cookery: Dishes from across the Continents
- You will learn a wide range of modern and traditional cooking techniques as defined by the origin of the dish. Whilst most of these techniques that can be used in the home, whilst giving an insight to industry standards.
- Skills taught will relate to cooking styles across a wide range of continents.
- Learners will be taught how to kitchen equipment correctly and safely. As well as teaching practical skills learners will taught theoretical aspects of cooking, including nutritional value of ingredients and relevant aspects of Food Safety and how to research ideas for cost-effective ingredients.
What to expect from the course
- Program teaching will be designed for a range of learners from absolute beginners to intermediate level. Courses will be delivered through a combination of tutor demonstrations, practical activities and research discussions for healthy meals, introducing a range of Vegan cooking.
- Learners will be taught how to work independently and engage in group tasks in order to develop their skills and knowledge.
- On completion of the course the learners will be able to select, prepare and cook a main meal and/or dish from a recipe. They will understand the importance of ‘food safety’ and ‘food hygiene’ in the kitchen, they will produce a small portfolio containing recipes, notes on techniques learned, and images of the dishes that you have made. As part of their development learners will have an awareness of employment, further education and other opportunities in the subject.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector across the creative industries.
- Develop practical skills, experiment with methods, techniques and processes.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry, exploring design concepts and build wider knowledge within the Arts.
Interest in the Creative Arts. No formal entry requirements
Further education courses in Cookery, Baking, Catering
Initial course resources / Additional cost
Tools and equipment are available for your use at the Centre’s. However, you will need to purchase some tools and materials for your project. The additional course costs will vary £ 20 - 45 depending on the size of the project you are making, this will be discussed with you at enrolment.