Graphic Design - Level 1 Award
This exciting new course introduces you to industry standard photography, illustration, imaging and design software. You will create an individual design work that will be assessed throughout the course. You will learn to use correct methods and procedures to get the right look and feel, such as colour and file sizes. You will then learn to export the designs for further use and manipulation. This may be used, for example, to create a series of logos and graphical designs to be used for web sites and brochures for a small charity or local company.
60 Guided Learning Hours. Courses are usually 1 x 2.5hrs per week.
Who Is This Course For?
Adults (19+) who would like to develop their computer skills for everyday life and work and achieve a level 1 ITQ qualification.
Will I Gain Any Qualification?
Yes, ITQ level 1 Qualification. There is an assessment for each unit. You can do these in the classroom when you are ready. You will have lots of chance to practise the skills you need in class before you do the assessments. All our Digital Skills courses embed development of study, English, maths and job skills to help prepare you for study at higher levels and improve work prospects.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Your English, maths and IT skills will be assessed before you join the course to make sure that the course is the right level for you.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe what designs are needed
- Obtain, input and prepare designs to meet needs
- Describe what copyright and other constraints apply to the use of designs
- Use appropriate techniques to organise and combine information of different types or from different sources
- Describe the context in which the designs will be used
- Describe what file format to use for saving designs to suit different presentation methods
- Store and retrieve files effectively, in line with local guidelines and conventions where available
What Could This Course Lead To?
At the end of the course, your tutor will check your skills to see what you are ready to do next: ITQ level 2 Qualification.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You will be expected to attend the full course
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk
- Awarding Body, TLM Ingots https://theingots.org