How to set up a digital media campaign
To develop practical digital marketing skills using various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
20 Guided Learning Hours. Courses are usually 5 x 2hrs per week.
Who Is This Course For?
- This course has been specifically designed for individuals who have an interest in understanding more about social media to further develop professional skills.
- This course might be suitable for individuals looking to start their own business, but is primarily designed for people looking to start or further a career within marketing or communications. This will them get a better understanding of digital marketing aspects in order to facilitate this.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
No. This is a course to develop your skills further. There is no qualification awarded, but you will receive a certificate from Birmingham Adult Education Service.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Participants do not require any previous experience in using social media in a business capacity, but a personal familiarity with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram would be desirable. This is a course built around social media and includes introduction to the basics of social media. You will need to setup Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts if you do not already have them.
- Introduction to social media, the history of the industry, fundamental differences between platforms and how to set up successful presences on them
- Content theory and strategy development, what makes great content, how to develop high quality visuals, and integrating it into a campaign plan
- Paid advertising: understanding audience targeting tools, campaign structure and implementation
- Insights & analytics: what different statistics mean, the impact on strategy and how best to report it. Review of final material and campaign strategy exercise
What Could This Course Lead To?
This course is part of our digital pathway and could support your future employment or to take other accredited courses.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You will be expected to attend the full course
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk
Sameena Asmat| Curriculum Leader… | T: 0121 675 8053 … |M: 0752222 8644… |E: asmatsbaes.ac.uk