Digital Photography: Photo Editing - Advanced Techniques
This advanced course is aimed at photographers who have either completed the Basics course or who have some experience in using software to improve their photographs. This 6-week course looks at a range of techniques, culminating in a small project which brings all those skills together.
What to expect from the course
- You will examine and use a range of techniques which may include working with RAW files, using tools like Curves to improve your results and Layers.
- You will spend some time getting comfortable with using the techniques and examine creative ways to use them.
- You will learn how to prepare your files for use in a variety of scenarios e.g. image size and file type selection for use on the Internet.
- You will create composite images for a short project.
This is a hands-on practical course with research activities to consider both classic and current photography trends.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector whilst developing communication and IT skills used across the creative industries.
- Develop IT and communication skills.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry.
- Our short courses can provide an introduction to key foundation skills needed to enable you to progress onto more in-depth courses.
Interest in the Creative Arts and Design/ Photography. No formal entry requirements, however, you will need some basic IT knowledge.
Further education courses in Art and Design and Photography
Initial course resources / Additional cost
Some tools and computers and software available you your use at the Centre. The skills covered on the course are common to all photo manipulation packages, although some functions may not be present in free or very cheap versions.
You may wish to purchase some tools and materials to complete your work, this can be discussed with your tutor if required.