Become a Digital Marketing Specialist - Level 2 (Award)
This exciting new course introduces you to Digital Marketing, an important field in modern business. The aim of this Award is for you to undertake the planning and management of a marketing campaign. You will research a range of platforms used for digital marketing such as TV, print and digital advertising, websites and social media to inform the creation of your own campaign. This may be to promote a product or raise awareness of an issue. You will review their work in response to the design brief and outline improvements for future practice.
24 hours. Courses are usually 1 x 2 hrs per week or 1 x 3 hours per week.
Who is this course for?
Adults (19+) who would like to develop their computer skills for everyday life and work and achieve a level 2 Digital Marketing qualification.
Will I gain any qualification?
Yes, level 2 award qualification. There is no exam and the assessment is based on a portfolio of work created during the course. You will do these in the classroom as and when you are ready. You will have lots of chance to practise the skills you need in class before you do the assignments for your portfolio.
All our Digital Skills courses embed development of study, English, maths and job skills to help prepare you for study at higher levels and improve work prospects.
Do I need any prior knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Your English, maths and IT skills will be assessed before you join the course to make sure that the course is the right level for you.
By the end of the course you know about digital marketing approaches used in different sectors and will be able to:
- Describe digital marketing approaches used to target customers in different sectors.
- Explain the importance of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in digital marketing.
- Understand digital marketing campaigns.
- Outline how different technologies are used in digital marketing campaigns.
- Explain the importance of market research in planning a digital marketing campaign.
- Be able to create a proposal for a digital marketing campaign to promote a given company, product or service to an audience.
- Identify suitable strategies, using channel(s) appropriate to the company, product or service and a specific audience.
What could this course lead to?
At the end of the course, your tutor will check your skills to see what you are ready to do next: Level 3 Digital Marketing or other IT Qualification or the next step towards higher education such as an access course.
How will I learn?
- Use of Learner portal and Moodle (online course to support your learning)
- The teacher showing you things
- Talking with other learners
- Doing tasks with other learners
- Using computers
- Your tutor will give regular feedback on what do well and what you need to do to improve
- You will use an online Individual Learning Plan (e-Trackr) which sets targets that are personal to you. Targets will be added throughout the course to develop your IT skills and support your journey to achieve long term goals. Your tutor will give you regular feedback on what you are doing well and what you need to do to improve.
What we require of you as a learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your tutor for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- You will be expected to complete all end of unit exams and complete the full course
Support if you are registered unemployed, looking for a job or a better job – Route to Work
As part of your programme of learning, we will support you to develop the skills you need to get a job or a better job, such as CV writing, application forms, interviews and working in a team. Your tutor will discuss your individual learning and development needs to agree with you which of our Route to Work short courses will best suit your needs and enrol you on these modules.