German for Work - Intermediate online (3 Modules)
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): B1
To develop the ability to confidently deal with topics that are familiar and work /work place related (e.g. communicating with colleagues and clients, workplace vocabulary, working day, job interviews, digital communication, presentation skills).
Total 11 weeks – 22 hours
Module 1: 11 weeks
Module 2: 11 weeks
Module 3: 11 weeks
Who is this course for?
For learners who have:
- Completed Lower Intermediate 2 (3 modules)
- Some good knowledge of the language
- Studied the language up to AS or equivalent (B1)
- Previously studied the language for up to 250 hours.
What equipment do I need to attend the course?
- Access to a computer and the Internet
- Microphone and camera installed
- You may be required to purchase a course book
A broader range of topic areas will be covered at Intermediate level, allowing learners to extend their vocabulary and express opinions. Topics and language functions will be set according to the needs of the language and the learners (at B1 level).
Will I gain any qualifications?
This course has no formal qualification; however, you will need to submit your work online to be assessed by your tutor in order to enhance your learning. You will be expected to complete course related assessments.
A certificate of achievement will be awarded on completion of the course upon request.
What could this course lead to?
Next level: Post Intermediate level (general language course)* or an International Qualification at B1 (Goethe Zertifikat B1)
*Please note that we cannot guarantee that this level will be offered as all courses are planned subject to sufficient demand.
How will I learn?
The course will be delivered live using a range of interactive audio-visual and IT resources available online via the BAES Moodle Platform. The course will cover the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. We aim to match the teaching to a wide range of individual learning styles and to make your learning enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. You will be given homework to complete after each session.
Your commitments as a learner
- Attend every online session of your course. If you need to miss a class, please let your tutor know in advance; Learners should consider their personal commitments and circumstances that may prevent attendance before enrolling on a course as missed classes will affect their learning. Missed classes cannotbe taken at another time;
- Have sufficient time for self-study and completion of homework; In order to maximise your learning, we strongly recommend that you spend at least 15 minutes every day (2 hours per week) on self-study, homework, language practice, etc.
- Complete the course
- Complete all the assessments.
If you need to purchase a course book you can do this from European Schoolbooks Ltd and get a 10% discount.
Go to www.eurobooks.co.uk - Click on Partners.
From the Search Options – Stage 1 dropdown menu - Click on Brasshouse Languages.
A list of books will be displayed per language - Select the book advised by your tutor - Click on Buy Now
Please Note: You do not need to open an account, just click on Checkout as a guest.