ECDL - Level 1 Certificate
To gain relevant skills in using basic IT tools and applications Course length 60 hours. Usually 30 weekly sessions of 2 hours.
Who is this course for?
Those with some IT skills who wish to start to gain I.T qualifications.
Will I gain any qualifications?
Yes - a Level 1 ITQ Certificate (QCF) ECDL Level 1 Certificate Flexiqual (BCS). Qualification Credit Framework Value: 14 credits at Level 1.
Do I need any prior knowledge, skills or qualifications?
You will need a good level of written English (at least Entry 3), a basic knowledge of how to use a computer, possibly an Entry Level qualification.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Use the internet
- Send and receive emails and organise your address book using Outlook
- Use Excel spreadsheet software
- Use Microsoft Word software
- Use Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Software
- Demonstrate understanding by applying learned skills to "real" situations in Improving Productivity using IT unit
What could this course lead to?
A level 2 ITQ course such as ECDL Level 2 or IT Skills for Employment Level 2
How will I learn?
You will work alone, or in small groups led by a specialist tutor in a dedicated IT room. You will also have the benefit of written materials and access to online resources to support your learning between classes. You will be assessed by an online test for each unit.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
You will need a pen, notepad, and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises. Access to a computer or any other IT device outside the classroom will be useful.
What we require of you as a learner?
- To achieve success on the course you will need to attend regularly. If you need to miss a class, please let us know in advance.
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set. You will be expected to complete all assessments and complete the full course.
John Higgins | Subject Leader
T: 0121 675 5921