How to build a computer
To discover what is inside a computer, how it works and how to build it from scratch. Troubleshoot and solve common computer hardware problems.
20 Guided Learning Hours.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is for complete beginners - no previous experience or knowledge is necessary. You should be able to follow spoken and written instructions. You will also be expected to take part in the practical elements of this course.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
No. This is a course to develop your skills further. There is no qualification awarded, but you will receive a certificate from Birmingham Adult Education Service.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
This course is for complete beginners - no previous experience or knowledge is necessary.
- Installing and configuring parts of a computer
- Computer jargon and terminology
- The parts of the computer and their function
- Health and safety when working with computers
- Troubleshooting common computer problems
- Computer maintenance and optimisation
What Could This Course Lead To?
This course is part of our digital pathway and could support your future employment in technical fields or programming or our other accredited courses.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place in a classroom environment as well as online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You will be expected to attend the full course
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk
Sameena Asmat| Curriculum Leader… | T: 0121 675 8053 … |M: 0752222 8644… |E: asmatsbaes.ac.uk