Floristry Workshop - Advanced
- To enable learners to explore and develop advanced levels of floristry skills.
- To enable learners to plan, prepare and produce arrangements to an advanced level.
By the end of this course you will:
- To use materials, tools and equipment to produce different design arrangements.
- To package and gift wrap finished items to a high standard.
- To use primary and secondary colours and how to combine them for effect.
- To collect and develop ideas from a variety of sources.
- To discuss and record ideas and adapt according to feedback and circumstances.
- To produce a range of design arrangements based on planning and research to set assignments.
- To produce finished work demonstrating a high level of skill.
- To present finished designs to good effect and carry out verbal and written evaluation of finished material.
- Use appropriate plant material in line with health and safety regulations.
- Use and store tools and equipment safely in line with health and safety regulations.
- To produce portfolio of evidence.
Who is the course for?
This course is for those who wish to extend their skill and knowledge in floristry to an advanced level.
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Level 2 in literacy and numeracy (help is available within BAES if required). At the start of this course, your tutor will carry out an initial assessment to check that the level is suitable for you.
Will I gain any qualifications?
How will I learn?
- Through tutor demonstration and presentation.
- By experimenting and exploring equipment, materials, tools and techniques.
- Through individual research and evaluation.
- One to one support when necessary.
- By keeping a portfolio of evidence.
What could this course lead to?
Level 3 study in floristry.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
Tutor will advise at enrolment. There will be a cost involved in providing materials for this course.