Singing - Beginners
To enable students to sing in a variety of styles and genres and to sing melodies and in parts.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Warm up before singing
- Gain knowledge in voice technique
- Be aware of their voice and what it can do
- Develop an understanding of a range of music, song styles and structures
- Gain knowledge of other composers and style of song
- Experiment with different musical arrangements and song styles
- Recognise the more common musical terms and symbols to aid singing
- Take part in a concert
- Be aware of employment opportunities in the entertainment industry
- Produce a portfolio of audio evidence demonstrating skill development.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who enjoys singing as part of a group.
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
This course is suitable for beginners and those with some experience. You will need basic literacy and numeracy skill (free help is available with BAES if required). At the start of this course, your tutor will carry out an initial assessment to check that the level is suitable for you.
Will I gain any qualifications?
How will I learn?
You will learn as part of a group through:
- Tutor demonstration and presentation
- Practical application with support from other group members
- Individual support, instruction and guidance from the tutor when needed
- Produce a folder of evidence.
What could this course lead to?
This course provides a sound base from which to progress to a choir, performing arts group or enrol for a qualification in Performance Skills
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
Tutor will advise at enrolment. There will be a cost for materials and equipment.