Floristry - Festive Door Rings and Table Decorations - Beginners
This course will enable you to create one door ring and a table decoration.
Will I gain a qualification?
No – this is a non-accredited course.
One 3 hour session.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who is interested in developing basic floristry skills.
Do I need any prior knowledge, skills or qualifications?
You won’t need experience of floristry for this course. You will however need to have basic levels of English and maths.
What will I learn?
- How to use materials, tools and equipment to produce different design arrangements
- Various designs include a door ring and a table arrangement
- Know how to use primary and secondary colours
- How to use and store plant material, tools and equipment safely
How will I learn?
- Through tutor demonstration and presentation.
- By experimenting with tools and techniques.
- By making designs and arrangements.
What could this course lead to?
You may want to do other short courses at Beginners Level, or you could consider doing an NCFE Level 1 Qualification in Creative Craft
Your responsibilities as a learner on this course
To ensure that you gain maximum benefit from your course you will need to be punctual, and bring the correct flowers and equipment to the session.
Additional £5.00 fee payable on evening for sundries (trays, foam, cocktail sticks, tape, wires and blue spruce)
Students will need to purchase flowers and decorations to make their products
- Cost will depend on where you purchase your items from and quality
- Around £10.00 will produce 2 good size decorations
Please bring along to class:
- Greenery - conifer, spruce, holly and ivy
- For added colour and detail - fir cones, berries, dried orange/fruit slices and cinnamon sticks
- Box of baubles (for door ring and table decoration)
- 1 roll of wired Christmas ribbon approximately 3 cm X 3 metres (available at Wilkinsons or Poundland)
- Candles for table decoration (optional) – stumpy approximately 14cm tall x 7cm wide OR 3 tall slim candles (available at Wilkinsons or Poundland)
- 10 roses or carnation blooms (Lidl, Morrison’s and Aldi are reasonably priced)
- 1 small bunch of gypsophila
- 1 bunch of spray carnations
- Small amount of foliage