Looking for a career teaching English?
Introduction to Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL)
Our Free TESOL course is exactly what you are looking for if you are:
- thinking about a career teaching English as a Second Language (ESOL)
- working as a volunteer ESOL teacher
- interested in finding out more about ESOL teaching / becoming a volunteer teacher
No teaching experience or qualifications are required to join this course, just an interest in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
What are the course aims?
- to give an outline of current approaches in English language teaching to adult learners
- to look at some specific methods and materials
- to help participants decide if they wish to make a career in ESOL teaching
- to give information on opportunities for further training and employment in English Language Teaching
The programme includes:
- a beginners class in a foreign language
- language awareness: an introduction to grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation in the English Language Teaching context
- approaches to teaching literacy skills
- current approaches to language teaching
- classroom observation or video observation
- micro-teaching session
- English Language teaching materials
- using ICT in language teaching
Venue: Brasshouse Language Centre, 1st Floor Library of Birmingham, Centenary Square, B1 2ND
*Please note: Most sessions will be delivered at Brasshouse Languages at the Library of Birmingham, however a minimum of 1 session will be delivered online.
Course Costs: FREE
Course Dates: 11 May – 06 July 2022 (excluding half-term 01 June)
Days & Times: Wednesdays, 13.00 – 16.00