Breaking down barriers to learning
Our Learner Services team are here to help you achieve your learning goals.
Birmingham Adult Education Service holds the matrix Standard. This is the national quality standard for Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG).
This means that we offer you a welcoming and safe environment in which to discuss your learning needs. We will also ensure that the information given to you is impartial and confidential, and will refer you to another provider if necessary.
All our staff are committed to supporting learners to achieve and progress on their courses and we offer a range of support to help. This includes specialist support for learners with disabilities; additional English and maths; advice on funding and childcare.
You can find a full version of our Statement of Service here.
All our Centre staff will be happy to help you with any questions you may have about:
- Facilities at the centre and opening times
- Childcare arrangements
- Health & Safety
- Financial support
- General concerns or if you wish to make a complaint
Supporting you while you learn
Centre staff can also make an appointment for you to see a member of the Careers Team. They are specialists who can offer free, impartial support, information, advice and guidance. Talk to us if you would like help to
- Choose the right course at the right level for you
- Find the best routes into work for you
- Plan your career choices and find out about the qualifications you will need
- Improve your English, maths and IT skills