It's not always easy to find the right people to join your organisation
At Birmingham Adult Education Service we understand that there is a lot more to successful recruitment than putting a job advert in a local paper.
As well as the amount of time it takes to go through the recruitment process there is also a financial risk to bringing the wrong people into your team. We have a number of different training programmes that can help you take the risk out of your recruitment.
We discuss with you the skills, qualifications and experience you seek, so that we understand your needs and can achieve the best results for you.
How does it work?
- Agree a bespoke training programme with you which meets your needs and is embedded with your business values
- Find suitable candidates
- Deliver the training to prospective candidates
- Offer suitable candidates to you to interview.
What do you need to do?
You'll be pleased to hear there is very little for you to do!
- Pre-employment training is completely free to your business.
- The training is usually delivered over 2-3 weeks in our training centres.
- We provide you candidates who are work ready for your vacancies and who understand what the job role entails
We will create a bespoke course that will offer you trained and experienced candidates who you will want to interview for your vacancies.
How does it work?
All that we ask from your business is you:
- Have a number of live vacancies
- Are able to offer the opportunity of work experience as part of the training. This allows you to see candidates at work before the interview
- Interview candidates for live jobs at the end of their training with us, with a view to employing those suitable.
The government’s Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds, who are currently on Universal Credit.
For each employee you hire through the scheme, the government provides a grant for :
- The national minimum wage up to 25 hours per week
- 100% of the national insurance contributions
- 100% of the pension contributions
- £1500 administration fee paid to employers
The benefits of taking on a supported Intern
- Gain a determined and reliable new member of staff
- Contributes to a diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- Improve corporate social responsibility and positive PR
- Gain a staff member trained specifically for the job role