Woodwork - Basic Skills
- This is a beginner’s introduction course series to helping you to build woodwork skills.
- A great introduction to woodwork basics and independent project work
- You can join a module at any point in the academic year
What to expect from the course
- The short courses will focus on using tools, equipment and materials safely.
- Further modules cover joints, finishes, basic construction, technique application.
- Produce samples of techniques with instructions in your portfolio for future reference.
- Learn the basic stages of joinery for a basic project.
- Upcycle, repair or make a small bespoke project.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector whilst developing communication and IT skills used across the creative industries.
- Develop promotion and communication skills.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry.
Interest in the Creative Arts/ Self Employment. No formal entry requirements
Further education courses in Art and Design, Woodwork, Carpentry
Initial course resources / Additional cost
Tools and equipment are available for your use at the Centre. However, you may need to purchase some tools and materials for your project, this will be discussed with your Tutor if required.