Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2 Certificate
Nutrition is the key to a healthy body and mind, and understanding the values of a diet and exercise plan is an important part of maintaining overall well-being.
This nationally recognised qualification explores influential factors such as the principles of healthy eating and weight management. The course also introduces nutrition in the context of eating disorders, and explains how to prepare food safely in a home environment. Whether you want to improve your knowledge around diet and health for personal reasons, or wish to develop your employment opportunities, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of the key topics surrounding nutrition and health.
Who is it suitable for?
The qualification is ideal for anyone who wishes to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding diet and health, different forms of nutrition, planning a weight management programme and food safety awareness.
What will you learn
This course is split into six manageable units:
• Unit 1: Explore principles of healthy eating
• Unit 2: Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
• Unit 3: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
• Unit 4: The principles of weight management
• Unit 5: Understanding eating disorders
• Unit 6: Principles of food safety for the home environment
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor.
Online learning features include:
• Exciting and engaging content
• Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
• Virtual tutors who offer hints, tips and guidance throughout the course.
Your commitments as a learner
To achieve success on the course you will need to:
• Have sufficient time for self-study.
• Complete the course.
• Complete all the assessments.
Completion is expected within the academic year. Learners whose completion is delayed may be subject to an additional assessment fee.
Learners must complete an initial assessment before a place can be offered.
Support if you are registered unemployed, looking for a job or a better job – Route to Work
As part of your programme of learning, we will support you to develop the skills you need to get a job or a better job, such as CV writing, application forms, interviews and working in a team. Your tutor will discuss your individual learning and development needs to agree with you which of our Route to Work short courses will best suit your needs and enrol you on these modules.