Access Award in Bookkeeping (AAT) – Level 1
To enable the learner to gain knowledge of how to perform key bookkeeping activities such as processing customer and supplier transactions.
45 Guided Learning Hours. Courses are usually 1 x3hrs per week plus you will be expected to work at home.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is suitable if you:
- Want a solid introduction to book-keeping or a refresher
- Are working in finance and want an industry-recognised qualification
- May like to run book-keeping services for local businesses
- Run your own business and want to do your own book-keeping
- Want a qualification from the industry-recognised provider which is valued by employers in a range of industries
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes, AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping Level 1. There is one computer-based exam.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Yes, Level 2 qualifications in maths and English and be confident at using a computer at least at Level 1.
- Understand the role of the bookkeeper
- Understand financial transactions
- Process customer and supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
What Could This Course Lead To?
The skills developed will give a solid base from which to support you progressing to other AAT qualifications such as Bookkeeping Level 2 and Accounting Software Level 1. Alternatively, you may apply for jobs such as clerical assistant, trainee bookkeeper, accounts clerk, finance assistant, administrator.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 (Excel) which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You will be expected to attend the full course and sit an exam
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk