Preparing for Work
Preparing for Work - Part 1
Duration: 6 weeks
Content: This course aims to support learners to explore different ways to find work. Learners will identify the skills and qualities; they have gained through daily life and work-related experience. Learners will learn about: Learners will find out about
- searching for job websites quickly by using key words to make their search more targeted
- the top skills employers want today and how all these skills relate to a typical job description
- highlighting their skills and achievements when creating a personal statement
- identifying key information to include on their job application
Preparing for Work - Part 2
Duration: 6 weeks.
Content: This course aims to support learners to develop practical skills required to prepare for an interview. They will also explore the correct information required to highlight their achievements and experience effectively. Learners will find out about
- enquiring for jobs
- developing a brand-new CV or to amend their existing one ensuring it is short and focussed
- exploring what information is relevant and how to express themselves using good, accurate English and in the correct style
- identify different ways of answering interview questions effectively, using professional language and showing enthusiasm for the role
Learners will need access to a tablet/laptop/smartphone or PC. They will also need an email address and access to the internet.
What could these courses lead to?
On completion of these courses all learners will receive a certificate of achievement. This course could lead to further accredited qualifications such as Essential Digital Skills, IT skills for Work or ICDL level 1 and 2.
At the end of the course, we will provide information about other learning opportunities and courses for adults to join in the local area.